Our client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Network Engineer with strong technical background in LAN, WAN, Cloud services to work with the Information Technology Cluster (ITC), Infrastructure Delivery Services department for a 12 months of contract role (possible to extend for another 12 months).
As a Network Engineer, here is the description;
Knowledge & Skills
- A minimum of 10 years of network experience including enterprise-wide requirements definition and design
- Proven and demonstrated experience in coordinating with outsourced IT Infrastructure service providers and
- third party suppliers on complex build and migration projects.
- Strong experience on infrastructure project delivery including construction of enterprise solutions, preparing,
- coordinating, tracking, and reporting on project activities.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Conceptual and analytical skills to assess and evaluate needs and cost/benefit analysis for new infrastructure
- technology requirements and solutions.
- Superior written and oral communication skills (will present various project documentation including business
- cases, briefing notes, action plans, executive summaries, technical reports etc.)
- Strong ability to prioritize a very high volume of day-to-day activities and balance demands against longer-term
- work and commitments.
- Professional interpersonal skills including negotiation, consulting, and customer-service.
- Superior relationship management and teamwork skills to engage, motivate multi-disciplinary teams
- Coordinate the design, preparation, construction and implementation of new technology and network upgrades for corporate business projects and internal initiatives.
- Tracking and reporting on project activities.
- Liaise with internal/external stakeholders and WSIB governance committees to ensure deliverables and dependencies are successfully delivered.
- Support the development of long-term network technology and capacity planning.
- Work on the architectural model of hardware infrastructure.
- Work on infrastructure installation and upgrade projects, and related activities.
- Participate in defining business and technical requirements and support the business by working with stakeholders through the requirements process and using information provided in order to meet business needs.
- Maintain and update technical and project documentation as well as maintain a clear and concise documented process for the implementation and integration of infrastructure projects and services.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”