A talented Network Engineer is needed to join a team in a large TSX listed company. Come join a fast growing retailer in their head office located in North York, just off the 401.
This is a permanent opportunity, paying an annual salary of $90,000 + benefits and other FTE perks.
Reporting directly to the Director, Information Technology, here's what we are looking for:
Preferred Experience Qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or management information systems.
- Proficient in IT operations to support supporting Warehouse, Distribution and Retail environments.
- Experience in ITIL and ITGC
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivated and ability to prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Strong Project management and planning skills.
- Budget management and reporting, bookkeeping
- Report directly to Director, Information Technology
- Architect WAN and LAN for corporate and retail store functions
- Design and build network redundancy to support retails and eCommerce operations
- Internet and Network level Disaster Recovery
- VoIP network design and QoS implementation
- Enterprise level network management. This includes supporting and maintaining campus equipment such as edge firewalls, routers and local area networks
- Support and manage corporate core switches, SAN switches and closest switches
- Implement disaster recovery plan for corporate networks
- Network equipment configuration backup, perform configuration change, testing and edit
Network Monitoring and Utilization Analysis
- Implement monitoring system (i.e. Smokeping, MRTG chart, Nagios and WhatsUp Gold)
- Provide network utilization reporting and trending analysis
- Oversee and manage Azure network operations and utilizations
- Oversee Internet and WAN Managed service vendors
- Review contract and SLA reviews
- Willing to work outside of regular office hours as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong, working knowledge of Cisco, F5, Checkpoint networking products
- Microsoft Office tools & technologies, this includes Office365 suite, Visio, Project
- 10+ years in supporting Windows AD environment, desktop & server environment
- 8+ years in managing Network infrastructure
- Hands on knowledge on FootPrint ticketing systems
- ITIL Foundation
- CCNA (Cisco) or above
- CCSA (Checkpoint) or above
- F5 network training and certifications
- Competitive compensation.
- Career advancement. If the chosen candidate can deliver exceptional results, this role has the potential to be promoted to a Security Officer.
- Opportunity to collaborate with top talent across multiple projects.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.