Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Telecommunication company.
We are looking for a Network/System Administrator to support the team.
Duration: 10 months
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
You will be accountable for evaluation, design, deployment and support of networking and security solutions as well as virtualization environments.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Expert level hands on experience on LAN and WAN networks.
- Advanced knowledge on information security systems such a firewall, IPS, DDoS prevention.
- In depth knowledge of protocols such as BGP, MPLS, ISIS, eVPN.
- Strong background in Linux system administration on Redhat, Ubuntu, CentOS or equivalent.
- Strong hands scripting and programming experience in python, Ansible, shell or equivalent.
- Hands on experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, KVM, Linux Containers, Docker.
- Hands on experience with networking physical layer technologies.
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization such as OpenStack, SDN/NFV, OpenDaylight or ONOS considered a strong asset.
- Familiar with alarming, logging and monitoring technologies such as Zabbix, Elastic Search, Kibana and Logstash.
- Familiar with software development lifecycle principles and some of the related tools.
- Interest in working in an agile/devops environment.
- Very autonomous and able to work in ambiguous circumstances.
- Bachelor degree in computer/electrical Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Able to lead the resolution of complex problems, involving many partners both internal and external across multiple systems or processes.
- Strong technical leadership, teamwork, negotiating and technical decision-making skills.
- Excellent English written and verbal skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Plan, design, configure networking.
- Provide engineering support on end-to-end problem resolution and root cause analysis in collaboration with other functional groups, business units and vendors.
- Lead new service and technology introductions and guide the implementation of such into the production environment
- Document design solutions and conduct project training and information sharing sessions.
- Some activities may need be performed during maintenance windows between midnight and five in the morning or during the week end.
- As part of continuous improvement approach, contribute or lead process improvement initiatives typically associated with delivery cycle times and efficiency.
- Layer 3 support for production network the QS9000/ISO14001/(GMS) Global Manufacturing System compliance processes.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.