Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We have an immediate opening for an Operations Engineer on 12+ month assignment extensions beyond, in Seattle, WA. USA.
An operations engineer to support a complex big data engineering system managing aircraft flight sensor information.
Operations – Experience Required
- Manage the overall system operations: Identifies project requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing operations; determining project scope; documenting results. Verifies results by completing tests
- Provide production support on the big data engineering system, including off-shift hours on a regular basis as needed: system monitoring, researching and resolving problems; maintaining system integrity and security, monitor automated data connectivity, providing report, metrics & dashboard, etc.
- Manage and execute on-demand data services requested by customers and stakeholders, including airlines customers.
- Act as consultant to internal and external customers on the use of the application and its operations.
Development – Knowledge & Skills Required; Experiences Preferred.
- Design and implement automated data connectivity with internal and external customers using Java-based frameworks
- Design HA & DR infrastructure, on premise and on cloud-Azure
Technologies – Knowledge & Skills Required; Experiences Preferred.
- Enterprise Java; Scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, Groovy, etc.)
- Big data & Hadoop; Spark & Scala
- Cloud technologies; Microsoft Azure
- Teradata or similar RDBMS
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.