Are you an experienced pipeline plant operator looking for a career opportunity with a renowned midstream company? Then we have a job for you.
Our client is looking for an experienced Operator for its plant in Dawson Creek, BC.
This mid-level position will be responsible for ensuring safe and efficient plant operations on a daily basis. Duties are fairly limited to those of a unit operator, however position will begin to be introduced to more advanced tasks and potential board operating duties as progression allows. The position will actively support the plant maintenance team for maintenance and preservation activities.
- Cultivation of a safe, effective and efficient operations shift that is team based, focusing on continuous improvement of operating practices, and plant reliability.
- Daily execution of regular, day-to-day operating and maintenance duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Develop solid understanding of all Codes Of Practice and ensure work is executed within guidelines set out in these practices.
- Assist more experienced staff in the ongoing development of site-specific Safe Operating Procedures and ensure that assessments are up-to-date.
- Actively engaged in training and development of less-experienced operations staff when required
- Ensure that appropriate plant activities are recorded in CMMS programs.
- Develop solid understanding of Emergency Response Plan.
- Completion of all company-required training.
- Actively participate in efforts to continue to build a positive workplace culture
- Operate all plant systems in a safe, effective and efficient manner as directed by more experienced staff.
- Routinely conduct day to day operations activities of assigned plant area(s). Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- equipment preparation and lock out for maintenance
- conduct regular plant safety equipment inspections
- operator equipment checks and process equipment readings
- issue of work permits for the area(s) of responsibility
- Other activities as dictated by supervisory staff on an as need basis
- Needs to have a Class 4 Power Engineering certificate (prefer Class 3 Power Engineering certificate or working on it)
- Experience as an Operator at a gas plant of 5+ years
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.