Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Information Technology company.
We are looking for an Oracle Database Architect – Senior to support the team.
Duration: 3 months
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
We require the ability to spin up/spin down environments (including DBs) This process needs to be automated, fast, and repeatable without errors while minimizing the number of resources required to execute it. The person we engage will be the lead DBA resource working with other teams from Computing Services, Storage, Networking, Application Development, etc.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle 12.1 and 12.2.
- Strong understanding of creation and management of Oracle databases in a Docker/Container model.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Identify and assess the pros and cons of options for delivery of the solution.
- Develop the strategy, solution.
- Build the initial reusable databases.
- Work with the Storage team to develop the back-up and restore processes in a way that makes them easy to manage, automated, and efficient.
- Work with the Application Development teams to load the test data.
- Work with the other teams to develop a sound source control practice.
- A requirement of successful completion of the contract will include complete documentation for the DBA team and completed cross-training of that team. Prior to their release, the DBA team at Medavie must be able to maintain, support, and extend the solution developed.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.