- Milton, Ontario
- Temp-to-Permanent (Working Interview)
- Days or Afternoon Shifts Available
- $18 to $19 per hour, plus $3 per hour Afternoon Shift Premium
- Stable Work Environment, Long Term Opportunities, Hands-On Training
- Overtime Available
Are you someone with a strong work ethic that wants to make an impact where they work? Are you wanting to work in a shop where you’re treated well and appreciated for the efforts you make?
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a family-owned and operated business that has been around for almost 60 years. They manufacture custom Steel and Aluminum Bodies for service, utility, cranes, emergency resuce, tool boxes and diesel tanks. If you want to fabricate large pieces, this is the place for you.
As our new Paint Prepper, you will enjoy working in a busy fabrication shop getting large custom bodies that have been made for trucks ready to be painted. You are motivated to make a contribution to the team and learn along the way.
What you’ll be doing…
- Read bill of materials
- Determine the appropriate tooling based on job requirements
- Disassemble truck bodies for paint process
- Sand, grind and fill metal surfaces
- Clean and mask product for painting process
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Sand ,Grind, & Fill Metal surfaces
- Clean and Mask for Painting process
- Follow outlined procedures
Working with Ian Martin Workforce to Find Your Next Career
We’re a big company with a lot of history, and with a personalized approach and a genuine interest in finding you your perfect fit. We work with companies that take a lot of pride in what they do – just like us. As this is a Temporary-to-Permanent position, you will be having a Working Interview. This allows you, as well as our client, to ensure that it’s the job that’s right for you. And if it’s not – no problem! We will be here to support you in this transition to becoming an employee by handling your timesheets, payroll, and there for you whenever you have a question. We will support you through the interview process as well as when you’re on the job. We are here for you as much as we are for the companies we work with.
- Proven paint preparation experience
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (drills, tape measure, screw drivers sockets)
- Experience in using Paint prep tools/equipment (palm sander, grinder, pressure washer)
- understanding of paint process
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Proficient in English
- A positive person with a great attitude and a strong work ethic
- Eager to learn new skills and improve upon your existing ones
- Take ownership and pride in what you do, you enjoy seeing your finished product and always try to do your best work
Are you ready to apply and feel you fit the criteria above?
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. Or you can give us a call to Jebas at (647) 490 0705.