Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We have an immediate opening for a Payroll Analyst IV on a 4 months long assignment extension beyond, in Cambridge, MA, USA.
- Participate in timely and accurate preparation/audit/transmittal of bi-weekly domestic payroll and special pay runs as required.
- Initiate and audit data connection between ADP and Oracle for employee data transfer; troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies and other payroll issues.
- Calculate new hire, termination, and situational adjustments to pay.
- Maintain all relevant source documentation in appropriate format and location.
- Process equity transactions and imputed income transactions according to all applicable policies and regulations.
- Prepare manual checks as requested or required.
- Research complex payroll and taxation questions and apply solutions to ensure proper treatment within payroll application for employee and governmental reporting
- Perform pre- and post- transmission audit functions to assure proper documentation, data entry, and compliance with all SOX controls.
- Analyze control reports to determine appropriate corrective action to take when errors are discovered.
- Provide excellent customer service to support Akamai’s employees, manager and other stakeholders in resolving payroll inquires.
- Monitor and manage workflow to assure adherence to deadlines and completion of checklists in a fast-paced environment.
- Reconcile all payroll related accounts, including tax withholdings, ESPP withholdings, 401(K) withholding, accrued payroll, and other accrued compensation.
- Prepare, review and distribute post payroll reports as requested or required based on business and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct New Hire Orientation to communicate payroll information.
- Perform401k, Deferred Compensation and other benefit plan administration as necessary including funding, returns of excess, reversals, audits, true ups, loan monitoring and ad hoc requests within deadlines to assure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Follow documented processes and checklists to avoid errors and maintain process documentation on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance.
- Communicate timely and completely regarding risks and questions around deliverables.
- Act as back up for monthly international payroll processing and provide quality control audits for other payroll functions.
- Participate and contribute to other projects or responsibilities as required.
- Required Skills: ADP PayForce Payroll, multistate payroll, shared services environment, MS Office skills need to be tested in MS Word and Excel.
- The role calls for advanced users of excel – formulas, great basic knowledge base, pivot tables. For MSWord, less specific – just looking for a repeatable technology understanding thoughout the MS Office line.
Top Skills Needed for the role:
- Skill 1 – MultiState Payroll
- Skill 2 – ADP Pay Force
- Skill 3 – Large Volume Environment – over 3000employees
- College degree preferred. Equivalent work experience in a payroll and finance environment may be substituted. CPP/FPC a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience with ADP PayForce/Vantage in a multi-state high volume environment required.
- ADP Connections, ADP Reporting and/or ADP GL experience preferred.
- Oracle experience desirable.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential data and work well in a fast paced environment.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and report writers.
- Effective communication skills for a global environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions utilizing all available information.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.