Our Public Sector Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a PeopleSoft Database Administrator for an 11+months of contract role with high possibility of extension.
As a PeopleSoft Database Administrator, responsible to provide technical expertise and leadership in the design, build and delivery of technology-enabled application database, products and high-quality services that adhere to quality management and development standards.
1. Work with management to provide technical expertise and leadership in the design, build and delivery of technology-enabled application database, products and high-quality services that adhere to quality management and development standards. This includes:
- Providing detailed solutions to business/technical issues and ensure that design specifications meet architecture and requirements specifications and that development schedules are also met
- Providing solution recommendations that have potential business/process automation impact and organization/financial impact;
- Providing high quality technical documentation, presenting it clearly to interested parties, and providing knowledge transfer to team members.
2. Interact with the technical teams by:
- Providing feedback to architecture or high-level solution designs, plans, requirements, testing and change/implementation review and walk throughs.
- Integrating system solutions to handle confidential data/information and transfers between Client and service providers;
- Performing system installations and software testing;
- Translating logical data model to physical data model
- Implement efficient databases
- Conducting technical and detailed design walk throughs and code reviews;
- Functioning in a support capacity to provide isolation and resolution of software issues and providing recommendations and communicating options for resolution of software issues.
Knowledge & Skills:
- 10+ years’ experience in design, build, configure, deploy, support, and maintenance of Enterprise database solutions
- 5+ years solid PeopleSoft database build and cloning experience
- 5+ years solid experience with Peoplesoft People Tools, Application Designer, Data Mover, and Upgrade with Change Assistant and Patch updates
- 5+ years’ experience in Java based technologies with general knowledge of specific components such as Authentication/Authorization, Active Directory, LDAP, CICS Transaction Gateway, JMS, MQ, JDBC, FTP, Mail etc.
- 5+ years’ experience in developing business applications that have transaction data in DB2 and Oracle databases
- 5+ years’ experience in distributed system integration technologies that span various platforms and operating systems
- 5+ years’ experience in HTTP/S, FTP technologies including Secure FTP, FTPS, sFTP etc
- 5+ years of experience in Red hat Enterprise Linux Server 5.x/6.x and AIX 5/7.x Operating system
- Strong troubleshooting capabilities
- Good communication skills to interact with business users, functional and technical teams and SMEs.
- Strong knowledge sharing and knowledge transferring skills
- Ability to work in an environment of high growth and constant challenges.
- Good team player who takes instructions, can work in a fast pace project team with good listening skills
- University degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent.
Nice to have:
- 5+ years’ experience with IBM WebSphere MQ / WebSphere Message Broker products is an asset.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”