Intermediate PHP developer
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Degree or Certification in computer science or programming is preferred.
- 5+ years of proven track record of software development using PHP technologies covering both LAMP and WIMP
- Proficient in web development for Retail and E-commerce business, backend database support in various platforms, including MySQL, Oracle and Microsoft SQL server.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible within a fast-paced environment
- Project Requirement gathering from clients
- Design and implementation of schematics and workflows for new projects
- Accurately estimating programming hours needed to complete project requirements
- Other duties as assigned. Comfortable working weekends and off hours on-call support.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
Web Application Development
- PHP 5 to 7 and PHP MVC frameworks
- Strong database skills and can work with and troubleshoot complex SQL queries
- Translate application storyboards, pseudo codes and use cases into functional applications
- Adhere to development KPI; Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code. Strong knowledge of general algorithms, design patterns and good coding practices.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues. Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Develop automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Basic networking knowledge include TCP/IP, DNS and understanding of web-related protocols such as HTTP, SSL/SSH and SFTP/FTP
- Building and maintaining Linux servers, install and update Apache HTTP server. Database operations using MySQL administrator and Install and maintain PHP development environment.
Preferred additional assets
- Shopify development and Liquid template language experiences
- Experience with WordPress, Azure (A MUST)
- SDLC, Agile and DevOps. 3+ years experience participating in all stages of project development cycle (planning, design, implementation and testing).