Our Oil and Gas Midstream client is looking for a Pipeline Hydraulic Design Engineer with previous pipeline and terminal hydraulic design experience for their office in Downtown Edmonton.
The individual will complete and/or oversee the pipeline and facility hydraulic design throughout the planning, design, procurement, construction and start-up stages of the project lifecycle. They will use a broad understanding of the field of engineering to ensure deigns are fit for purpose and follow the Company standards, specifications and industry standards that are appropriate for the circumstances of the request.
- Collaborate with Project Development Engineers and stakeholders to develope optimized designs, with consideration/input given to operational and capital cost factors, thinking like an owner.
- Lead collaboration with key project stakeholders to ensure that design details are addressed in a thorough manner.
- Ensure delivery of hydraulic designs and alternatives, including value engineering considerations, are provided to Project Development Engineers in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all internal and external standards and follow proper engineering practices, ensuring hydraulic designs also fit regional design practices when applicable.
- Manage the execution hydraulic design deliverables by a third party engineering firm. Review and approve reports/recommendations
- Initiate meetings, correspondence and discussion with appropriate project resources when project scope / schedule / cost requires clarification.
- Investigate and ensure that accurate project data is acquired prior to the analysis and design of the proposed facility.
- Identify project scenarios that require transient modeling to ensure proposed pipeline designs are operable under transient conditions. Lead the execution of transient modeling activities.
- Develop appropriate documentation outlining design parameters, assumptions and results such that project scope can be easily communicated to other relevant departments
- Provide support to Project Execution teams with final pump selection and hydraulic modeling to ensure that the project requirements are met.
- Provide technical assistance to Engineering and Operations Departments to resolve operating problems or to establish best operating practices.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge level with current hydraulic simulation and pipeline design technologies. Maintain proficiency with the use of in-house and industry recognized hydraulic simulation tools.
- Lead continuous improvement of the System Design group through knowledge gathering and sharing lessons learned and best practices.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and training to other Business Units. Develop training documentation, tools and technical seminars for staff.
- Project Devopement – weekly to clarify design requirements
- Infrastructure Planning – weekly to clarify design requirements/inputs
- Business Development – monthly to review final designs
- Asset Performance – monthly to confirm design inputs
- Control Center – monthly to confirm design inputs
- Operations Engineering – monthly to confirm design inputs
- External consultants – as needed to complete designs
- Engineering degree in an applicable discipline
- P.Eng designation
- Seven or more years of progressively responsible experience in engineering design and project management directly related to liquid hydrocarbon pipeline and facility design in the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of liquid and gas pipeline hydraulic modeling and design
- Aptitude and communications skills related to leading and acting independently as a senior level engineer
- Proven interpersonal, communication, negotiation and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative, initiate and manage change
- Previous pipeline and terminal hydraulic design experience
- Knowledge of hydraulic modeling software such as Synergi Pipeline Simulator, PipeFlo, PIPESIM, and AFT Fathom
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.