Pipeline Maintenance Technician
- Belleville, Ontario
- $30.75 per hour
- Start Date: August 5th, 2019
- Previous Construction and/or Trades experience required
- Comfortable working in a field in all weather conditions
- Pre-employment Screening including Criminal Record Check, Drug & Alcohol Testing, and Driver’s Abstract
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a major energy supplier that works across Ontario. They provide residential, commercial and industrial solutions.
As their new Pipeline Maintenance Technician, you will be locating pipelines, oversee any excavation work, check facility stations, and maintain and relevant equipment to good working condition. You will also gather samples and process results, gage tanks, prove meters, witness samples, and monitor inbound and/or outbound pipeline shipments.
What you’ll be doing…
- Under close supervision, learning the field operations area through on the job training.
- Work towards achieving the Fully Qualified level for all technical competencies required
- Take the guidance by the senior level Field Operators
- Communicating verbally and written, typically consisting of the collection and relay of basic facts.
- Constantly demonstrating a commitment to learning and complying with all safety policies and procedures.
- Assignments are typically straight forward and after the task has been explained may require some guidance to ensure you remains on? track. Limited independent judgment required.
- Working on new tasks and work that is moderate to higher complexity that will be reviewed closely for accuracy.
- Always maintain a high focus on safety and adherence to policies/procedures.
- Specific Duties include but are not limited to:
- Participate and complete Safety and Technical Training
- Maintain Belleville Shop & Grounds
- Maintain station and grounds
- Maintenance at Mainline Valves
- Assist with ROW maintenance, signing, brushing
- Assist with crossings, locates, Ontario One Call
- Participate in Emergency Response Training
- Learn and complete Maximo PM’s.
- Assist E & M dept. as required
Why you’re the right person for the job…
- Ideally 3 years of Constructions and/or Trades experience like Millwright or Maintenance Technician
- High School Diploma
- Valid G driver’s licence
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and cooperate well within a small group.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather types and a variety of outdoor environments.
- Must be able to complete both manual labour as well as technical work.
- Ability to travel and work overtime as required
- Pass pre-employment screening including Criminal Record Check, Driver’s Abstract and Drug & Alcohol Testing
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.