Our client, one of Canada’s leading integrated oil companies has an immediate need for a Project Scheduler to join their team for a one-year contract position in their Lloydminster, Alberta office.
You must be willing to relocate to Lloydminster for the duration of this contract.
The Project Scheduler is responsible to proactively keep up to date and communicate schedules for all EWRs assigned to the Lloydminster Project Engineering Team, supporting the group in delivery of on time projects and forecasting. You will interface with project engineers, production engineers, land agents, regulatory technicians, construction teams, commissioning teams, and operators to gather information and update progress.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8 hours / day
- Creating Project Schedules
- Developing schedules when a project is kicked off
- Determining the tasks involved in the project and setting durations
- Assigning resources to activities
- Assigning the proper calendar to the activities
- Set up predecessors and run scheduler to show impact of timelines
- Creating Resource Schedules
- Using the resource assigned to activities, maintain and update construction schedules, IFC schedules, and EPC task lists.
- Updating Schedules
- Keeping the schedules up to date through meetings with project engineers
- Confirming task completion in Appian and SAP
- Seeking project information from other parties involved
- Attend regularly scheduled update project meetings
- Ensure schedules reflect what is being reported for accruals and dashboards
- Summarizing the schedules to push the info throughout EPPM P6
- Entering the updated accruals and forecast for the projects
- Setting baselines
- Communicating Tasks and Deadlines
- Posting current schedules to SharePoint
- Sending schedules to project engineers and EPCs after project kickoff
- Create and send upcoming task lists to the project engineers and EPCs
- Have regular meetings with land managers
- Send notes from land meeting to project engineers and EPCs.
- Attend update meetings with EPCs
- Update dashboards
- Post the current dashboards to SharePoint
Must Have Skills:
- Demonstrable knowledge of the oil & gas industry
- Knowledge of project scheduling software, MS Project or Primavera EPPM P6
- Experience working on projects
- Experience working with engineering teams
- Formal training in scheduling or project management
Nice to Have Skills:
- A degree or technical diploma in engineering
- Familiar with all aspects of multi disciplined projects involving engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning requirements
- Knowledge in use of SAP for accounting, invoicing, and reporting process, would be beneficial
- Strong skills in using Microsoft software
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.