Do you want to work for the largest Chemical Manufacturing company? They are currently looking for a Planning and Scheduling Engineer / Specialist to support their facility in Houston, Texas If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Planning and Scheduling Engineer / Specialist
Duration: Until Feb. 2020 (possible extension)
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Provide planning and scheduling expertise on investments of various size and complexity.
- Active participation in the overall planning process, development of detailed schedules for FEL, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Commissioning phases.
- Track planned and earned physical progress, key milestone changes, identify, analyze and offer mitigation for project delays, and support reporting to management.
- Lead and conduct Interactive Planning Sessions.
- Active participation/development of Schedule Risk Analysis.
- Generate predefined schedule and reporting requirements and ad hoc reports on an as needed basis.
- Strong analytical skills that will allow proper assessments of projects to identify potential issues.
- In addition, be able support development and recommend solutions via communication and support with Project Management.
- Perform studies/analysis on schedule durations, productivity, progress, historical data, etc.
- Assist in the development and improvement of planning and scheduling tools, processes, and procedures.
- Will be required to work both independently and with a team in carrying out a project’s planning and scheduling efforts
- BS degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or other Technical Degree preferred with at least 10 years of professional experience and a minimum of 8 years of experience in planning and scheduling.
- In lieu of the preferred degree, the position will require 14 years of planning and scheduling experience, and at least 16 years of project/ construction experience in a related industry.
• Industry experience preferred includes petrochemical, oil & gas, or similar heavy industrial fields.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- In depth technical knowledge about overall project planning, schedule risk analysis, risk management, and detailed scheduling work processes for all phases of a project including FEL, detailed engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning.
- Excellent Primavera use and knowledge.
- Schedule Risk Analysis Software experience is preferred (i.e. Acumen Fuse, Acumen Risk).
- Excellent computer skills primarily in Excel.
- Strong quality focus with an attention to detail.
- Strong communication, initiative, and collaborative skills