Our client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire a Plant Accounting Analyst/Sr. Analyst for a 6 Month(s) contract with high possibility of an extension.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Title: Plant Accounting Specialist /Sr. Accounting Analyst
Location : Chatham-Kent, ON
Duration : 6 months (possible to extend)
- Assist with Plant Accounting financial reporting schedules for capital assets (monthly, quarterly or annually as necessary).
- Assist with Plant Accounting account reconciliations monthly.
- Prepare Journal Entries, Asset Entries and assist with and review journal entries and other work of the Plant Accounting Specialists.
- Prepare and maintain asset information in support of regulatory cost of service studies; respond to requests from Regulatory.
- Assist with the addition and retirement process for mass assets
- Assist with all 3rd party billing reviews.
- Assist with proper maintenance of SAP PS system settlements.
- Responsible for check and review of various files, identifying areas of risk and balancing to other schedules as possible.
- Documenting of procedure processes and making updates as needed
- Assist with the preparation of detailed forecasts and outlooks of capital asset gross costs, accumulated depreciation and net book values, working predominantly with the Microsoft Office Suite of Products.
- Other Plant Accounting ad hoc reporting, training, or responding to requests as necessary
- Assist with the completion of outstanding work from others in the capital assets department according to the needs of the business.
- College diploma and/or University degree in Accounting/Business or equivalent work experience.
- Accounting designation or working towards a designation preferred.
- Understanding of accounting transactions, particularly capital vs. operating and maintenance expenses.
- 3+ years of experience within Accounting/Finance.
- Ability to dig through complex files to understand the process and requirements in order to recreate the analysis.
- Ability to handle competing priorities and last-minute ad hoc requests
- Ability to organize work to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products with a proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction process.
- Knowledge of SAP (Project Systems and Asset Management modules).
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”