- Barrie, Ontario
- Previous experience with Profile Plastic Extrusion
- Temp-to-Perm (working interview), $18 to $22 per hour based on experience
- Monday to Friday, Rotating Shifts
- Company Paid Benefits, Uniforms and PPE provided
- Company Lunch every Friday for all staff, events throughout the year
Do you like the idea of working for a family owned and operated business where the higher ups are all hands on? They know they business and want to teach it to you.
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a Plastic Extrusion Manufacture that specializes in precision engineered custom plastic extruded profiles. They primarily focus is custom products and regularly pushing the limits of what they can do.
As our new Setup Operator, you will be working alongside our existing team. You are eager to learn more and share your knowledge with those around you. You’re a creative problem solver, look for ways to continually approve how things are done. Your main responsibility will be to perform manual labour along the Production Line; operates and troubleshoots Production Line Machinery.
You will be:
- Attend scheduled shifts on regular basis.
- Making sure that you are wear all required PPE and have the tools required for operation
- Operate the Production Line machinery.
- Ensure extruder hopper has sufficient amount of material at all times.
- Assemble boxes for the packaging of product.
- Package finished product in compliance to Customer’s requirements (labels, spooling and correct amount pieces of product per box).
- Grind any scrap material in the proper grinder.
- Troubleshoot Production Line machinery; when required.
- Perform equipment change-overs.
- Assist in the responsibility for Quality Control; make adjustments as necessary to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of required specifications.
- Train and coach Production Line Employees.
- Assist in production start-ups; shut-downs; trouble shooting; changeovers; and die tests.
- Attend all required staff meetings.
- Operate within Standard Operating Procedures.
- Communicate with Shift Supervisors if there are any questions or concerns.
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment.
- Complete all required shift paper work.
- Experience in Plastic Extrusion, preferable in Profile Plastic Extrusion
- Willing and eager to learn and improve upon skills
- Strong at troubleshooting and creative thinking
- Ability to read and write English
- Able to take ownership and work independently
- Comply with Health & Safety and maintain a safe work environment
- Accountable, Reliable, Dependable, Self-motivated, and take pride in your work
Are you ready to apply and feel you fit the criteria above?
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. Or you can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at (905) 330 9861. If you text, please include your name and position you’re interested in.