Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We have an immediate opening for an Platform / Validation Technician on a 16 months long assignment extension beyond, in Hillsboro, OR, USA.
The Network Performance team is responsible for delivering network performance micro-benchmark reports on a wide variety of networking equipment including network adapters, switches, and server systems running Windows (base OS & virtualized), and Linux (base OS & virtualized). In this role the candidate will setup network test configurations following guidelines provided to him/her by the project lead. The candidate will be responsible for running predefined automated and manual network tests, report results and troubleshoot configuration, hardware, operating system, and driver issues that they may encounter. The candidate will report test results into an online tool. When bugs are found, the issue and steps to reproduce the bug must be clearly documented in a defect-tracking system. You will be working in a server Performance lab. You will be working closely with Engineers to reproduce software and hardware bugs and perform exploratory testing
- 25% Setup server systems and network infrastructure for test
- 25% Troubleshooting networking hardware and configuration
- 25% Performing network performance bench-marking
- 15% Documenting network performance findings
- 10% Automation debug and optimization (PowerShell, BASH, & Python)
- You will need to be able to follow precise instructions. Deviation from those instructions will invalidate the results.
- Must be able to clearly and concisely communicate the processes they performed to setup a test and the results it produced, both in writing and verbally. (like the scientific method)
- Must take ownership of the test and its results. They will become the expert on that test setup and the results it produces.
- Must be reliable. All efforts should be made to meet commitments they make. If they cannot be met communicate with the tests stakeholders as soon as it is known.
- Must want to learn networking, server systems, and server operating systems. During slow times they need to explore and learn about all aspects of our testing and the technologies we employ.
- Passion for learning new technology
- Self-motivated learner & troubleshooter hardware/software issues
- Experience setting up and debugging computer hardware platforms
- Experience installing and configuring Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Working knowledge of wired networking infrastructure (switch/router/network adapter/etc.)
- Precisely follow written and verbal instructions.
- Working knowledge of scripting/programming languages like; PowerShell, BASH, Python, or similar
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Minimum Education Requirement: High school diploma, (some college experience preferred) and a provable passion for technology and 3+ years of experience.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.