Brake Press Operator
- Milton, Ontario
- Temp-to-Permanent (Working Interview)
- Monday-Thurs 6:00 am to 3:30 PM and Friday 6:00am to 2:30 PM.
- $20- $22 per hour
- $3/hour afternoon shift premium after probationary period
- Stable Work Environment, Long Term Opportunities, Hands-On Training
- Overtime Available
Are you someone with a strong work ethic that wants to make an impact where they work? Are you wanting to work in a shop where you’re treated well and appreciated for the efforts you make?
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a family-owned and operated business that has been around for almost 60 years. They manufacture custom Steel and Aluminum Bodies for service, utility, cranes, emergency rescue, tool boxes and diesel tanks. If you want to fabricate large pieces, this is the place for you.
As our new member of the Brake and Shear team, you will enjoy working in a busy fabrication shop preparing pieces for large custom truck bodies. You like to be hands on and see a the finished product. You take a lot of pride in your work and enjoy seeing it on the streets.
What you’ll be doing…
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Set up machines in Break/Shear department
- Modify program to suit the job requirements
- Application of math skills when required
- Complete first off part and inspect
- Ensure quality parts are produced
- Experienced and able to produce a consistent and high-quality parts
- Organized with a keen attention to detail
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Able to set up and run all department machines (brake, shear, and laser)
- Sound knowledge of programming (SoildWorks)
- Comfortable troubleshooting the machines when needed
- Able to determine different specifications and gauges of material (steel and aluminum)
- Able to read measuring devices and understand their function including tape measures
- Understand basic principles of bending and tooling (dies)
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to lift within the Health and Safety standard
Working with Ian Martin Workforce to Find Your Next Career
We’re a big company with a lot of history, and with a personalized approach and a genuine interest in finding you your perfect fit. We work with companies that take a lot of pride in what they do – just like us. As this is a Temporary-to-Permanent position, you will be having a Working Interview. This allows you, as well as our client, to ensure that it’s the job that’s right for you. And if it’s not – no problem! We will be here to support you in this transition to becoming an employee by handling your timesheets, payroll, and there for you whenever you have a question. We will support you through the interview process as well as when you’re on the job. We are here for you as much as we are for the companies we work with.
Are you ready to apply and feel you fit the criteria above?
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. Or you can give us a call at 289.482.1211 or text Sarah at 647-838-2522