- Aurora, Ontario
- Permanent, Day or Afternoon Shift, 40 hours per week
- $25 to $35 per hour depending on experience
- Must have 6G Pipe Welding Experience
- Uniforms Provided, Mostly Employer Paid Benefits Premium, RSP Matching
- Stable Work Environment with Opportunity for Advancement
Do you want to work in a team-oriented shop environment where people have a huge sense of pride in the work they do? Do you want to work with welders that have a high standard, enjoy a variety of work with proudly Canadian owned and operated?
Ian Martin Group is working with a leading manufacturer of coil-tube steam and hot-water boilers and related equipment used in industrial, commercial and institutional applications in North America.
As our new Pressure Welder, you will enjoy welding, fabricating and assembling boilers and pressure vessels like economizers, blowdown tanks, deaerators and fittings as well as fabricating piping designs.
Your tasks will include:
- Reading and interpreting drawings, blueprints, schematics and specifications
- Fitting pipe according to drawings
- Weld preparation by grinding or cutting
- Manual flame cutting
- Setting and operating welding machines, bevel machines and band saws
- Pressure welding (SMAW, GTAW, GMAW) to specified accuracy and tolerances
- As well as general boiler fabrication, pipefitting and assembly
Working with Ian Martin Group to Find Your Next Career
We’re a big company with a lot of history, but with a personalized approach and a genuine interest in finding you your perfect fit. We work with companies that take a lot of pride in what they do – just like us.
- Demonstrated experience welding boilers and/or pressure vessels
- Ideally at least 3 years of shop experience with Carbon, Stainless and Low Allow Steels
- Previous or current TSSA certifications would be considered an asset
- CWB All Position Certifications in SMAW (Stick), GTAW (Tig), and GMAW (Mig) would be considered an asset
- Must be able to past Weld Test as part of interview process:
- 2 inch schedule 160, carbon steel, 6G, vertical up, without backing, SMAW E6011 root and E7018 fill and cap passes
- 2-inch schedule 80, carbon steel, 6G, vertical up, without backing, GTAW
Are you ready to apply and feel you fit the criteria above?
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. Or you can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at (905) 330 9861. If you text, please include your name and position you’re interested in.