Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We have an immediate opening for a Principal Software Engineer (Power) on a 6 month assignment extension beyond, in Plantation, FL, USA.
- Seeking candidates with experience in embedded software on Linux or Android. Someone who is responsible for analysis and development software to reach required Power targets.
- Must be able to demonstrate technical skill of understanding complex software systems, power design of components which are maintainable and scale, diagnose and fix power bottlenecks.
- Seeking strong communication skills and the ability to work in an environment with interdisciplinary teams.
Experience in the domains below are a must:
- Experience in establishing a product-oriented power effort: from product KPIs to design, coding, testing, validation, and optimization
- Experience in hardware analysis and its impact to KPIs
- Experience in power oriented system architecture design
- Experience in practical power analysis and improvement:
- power test setup according to KPIs
- data statistical evaluation and testing stabilization
- problems diagnosing, bottleneck localization and analysis
- producing patches which solves findings
- Extensive experience with system analysis for embedded systems taking into account performance constraints e.g. for latency or bandwidth – balance in between power consumption and performance
- CPU/GPU profiling and analysis
- Extensive software development experience with C/C++, Linux software development environment; experience in Linux Inter-process Communication(IPC) & Multi-threading programming
- Ability to establish test cycle: explain for testers essential parts of testing for power, timings and data collection principles
- Excellent communication, training and documentation skills
Experience in below areas are a plus:
- Development experience for Linux OS or Android; middleware, kernel, and device drivers
- Good understanding of architecture of SoC and sources to reduce power consumption by CPU, GPU, memory, and other peripheral devices
- Experience working on performance/power for computer vision, graphics, multimedia, gaming
- Tools for power measurement, analysis or profiling
- Master’s degree in computer science
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.