Our market leading integrated energy company has an immediate need for a Procurement Administrator to join their team in their head office in Calgary. This would be a one year contract position with a very good chance for extension for the right individual.
REASON FOR OPENING/PROJECT:
To backfill a position that has recently become vacated
Reporting to the Procurement Service Centre – Team Lead, the position incumbent will provide purchase requisition, purchase order life cycle management and supplier support for the Business Units. This role can support multiple business units. This is a very fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and attention to detail is very important.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
This is a great opportunity for a candidate with a background in invoicing and payment process systems, understanding of supply Chain Management processes and strong customer service capabilities to provide support for P-Card Administration and Receipt Handling.
- Entering Service Entry Sheet (SES) for non Cortex vendors
- Creating Goods Receipts for Material PO's
- Ensuring correct approval is on tickets/invoices before entering
- Ensuring PO terms are accurate and in agreement with invoices before invoices can be paid
- Providing AP with information about where to apply credit invoices
- Ensuring SEIM documents are received from vendors before all invoices are paid
- Ensuring POs are being increased when required
- Helping with vendor inquires for both Cortex and Non-Cortex vendors
- Communicating with vendors by email and phone to resolve issues regarding invoice processing and obtain missing information
- Manage Cortex transactions: ensuring Cortex vendors are getting POs and submitting invoices correctly through Cortex; resolve any issues that may be preventing the vendor from submitting via Cortex; rejecting invoices that should be submitted via Cortex
- Keeping track of invoices to show which are paid, waiting for approval, waiting for SEIM, and which are on hold with any other issues
- Assisting team with other tasks as required
- Administering all P-card related activities including on-boarding/off-boarding of accounts, training, day-to-day cardholder assistance.
- Monitoring the conduct of all purchasing activity in accordance with approved P-Card Procedure and Guidelines.
- Monthly reporting for P-card Spend and Transaction Count, Spend Categories and Non-Compliance and Quarterly SVP Reporting.
- Preparing monthly statement for payment, JE upload and error reconciliation.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma
- 1 – 5 years experience in field related business
- Attention to detail, accuracy, speed and analytical skills
- Experience with MS Office suite, with priority focus on MS Excel
- Excel Spreadsheet Expertise and Reporting
- Ability to handle large volume of work
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-Secondary education
- Supply Chain Management certification
- Experience in a Service Centre
- 2+ years of experience in a procurement environment
- Previous experience with Enterprise in SAP MM
- Contract Management knowledge including contract administration
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software systems
- Understanding of supplier invoicing and payment process (SES receipts, invoice submission and approval) and typical root causes for SES errors and problem solving
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management processes and integration points
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Demonstrate professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent customer service capabilities
- Excellent communication skills (co-workers, clients, vendors, and regulators)
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.