Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with a reputed oil and gas company? Then you’d love to chat with us about your next rewarding and challenging assignment as a Procurement Advisor. This is a great opportunity for anyone with a strong background in oil and gas and construction procurement (machinery, tools, parts or services).
The main function of the Buyer/Procurement Advisor is to purchase machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies or services necessary for the operation of an establishment. A typical buyer is responsible for buying goods and services for use by their company or organization. A purchasing agent is responsible for the purchase of machinery, equipment, parts, or services necessary for the operation of an establishment. This individual will be reporting to the Team Lead, Project Procurement
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
- Route Contracts, Change Orders, and Amendments for approval per process and signing authority
- Ensure all procurement documentation is stored in the appropriate Contract Management Systems in accordance with the Procurement Information Plan
- Liaise with the market intelligence team to identify market risks or opportunities
- Compile data to assist in periodic reviews of supplier performance (Performance scorecards/metrics) against established KPIs. Support management of suppliers NCRs in accordance with NCR Plan
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years experience in supply chain with a focus in oil and gas and construction
- 2 + years experience in projects procurement
- Strong working knowledge of ERP SAP
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management.
- Strong ability to analyze financial reports, price proposals and other technical data.
- Strong Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to purchasing.
- Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
- Prior direct experience for Projects or operations environment within the oil and gas industry
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or a related business field required
- Professional Supply Chain Certification (SCMP)
- Other Professional Certifications relevant to Supply Chain Management
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Understanding of Tender Law, RFP Process
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and sound judgment.
- Effective oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Strong negotiating skills
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.