You will be responsible for the execution of procurement of materials, equipment and services for the operations department aiming to assure the supply of items for business continuity. Ability to negotiate the lowest total cost of possible, achieving industry best practice standards of delivery time and quality of products and services.
- Meet the requirements of our internal customers in accordance with established procurement goals, policies and procedures
- Assure availability of goods and services through the adherence to existing agreements and, when necessary, contract amendments or renewal.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies
- Work with team members and other stakeholders to develop sourcing plans
- Prepare RFP packages and carry out sourcing in accordance with industry best practices
- Analyze the submitted proposals from a commercial perspective and negotiate contract terms and conditions which are favorable and seek to reduce the company’s risk exposure
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and conduct business in a confident, objective, and diplomatic manner
- Oversee vendor management process throughout the life of the contract, ensuring compliance and performance
- Represent Procurement Organization in meetings with a variety of internal and external customers
- Administer all jobs, contracts and related documentation with due diligence and integrity, adhering to all legal, and company, policies and procedures.
- Follow up activities related to procurement area as for analysis, support and implementation of projects.
- Create, develop and control reports, researches and other administrative activities.
- Analyze and suggest implementation of new systems involving their area.
- Identify potential improvements in the procurement process.
- Create support tools for the procurement process.
- Analyze indicators, bottle neck mapping and process improvement mapping.
- Act as a resource to customers in the area of procurement. Enforce Company Policies and Norms or escalate to supervisor.
- Collect, track, analyst and resolve supply chain issues, based on information provided by both parties.
Strong knowledge of procurement principles and processes, Canadian contract law, commercial terms and procurement to pay business systems.
- Proficient use of MS Office , with Strong working knowledge of MS Excel
- Provide leadership in the preparation of sourcing documents
- Understand and RFP processes, protocols and industry best practices
- Co-ordinate and manage all activities during sourcing cycle including clarification questions and issuance of addenda
- Review and evaluate proposals, negotiate prices and terms and conditions
- Identify business risks and initiate steps to mitigate
- Review and understand exceptions to terms and conditions and assess issues with requested changes
- Create appropriate agreement type with good understanding of the scope of work and commercial structure
- Take ownership of assigned services category
- Understand and manage business requirements for assigned category
- Carry out basic needs analysis, identify opportunities, develop and implement strategies
- Carry out relationship Supplier relationship management
- Take on new projects and re-prioritize as business and procurement needs change
- Support others on team in achieving their goals
- Take on new and progressive responsibilities
- Organized, self-motivated and ability to work independently