Do you want to work for the largest electrical and natural gas utility companies in Michigan? Assisting them in serving 6.7 million of the state’s 10 million residents? They are currently looking for a Procurement Analyst to support their facility in Jackson, Michigan. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Procurement Analyst
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Duration: Until April 2019 (possible extension)
- A procurement analyst builds new relationships between the company and vendors,and ensures that these relationships are maintained to the satisfaction of all parties.
- The analyst also negotiates arrangements for the purchase of the goods, materials, and services the company requires within its budget limitations.
- In meetings with vendors, the procurement analyst must determine prices and set up a system of delivery, as well as research the market appropriately to ensure that the company is getting the best possible value.
- They must research the vendors to verify their credibility and ability to provide what is promised, as well as keep abreast of data resulting from the vendor relationship to make sure it is worth maintaining in its present form or at all.
- A bachelor's degree in business management, business administration, or a related field is a typical requirement of most employers. Professional experience is also highly preferred, especially if it is in a field involving vendor-client interaction.
- A recent graduate with internship experience in a related field, will also be considered in lieu of professional experience.