Our Public Sector client is looking for a qualified Procurement Specialist with experience in IT Solutions and Services.
- Develop procurement and contracting documentation most suitable to ensure business objectives are met through a transparent, fair and efficient open procurement process.
- Assist with the development of recommendations including providing details of resource requirements, dependencies, interdependencies, policy implications pertaining to the procurement and contracting methodology to be applied.
- Produce and package procurement deliverables for presentation to various internal support teams, steering committee, and other project stakeholders.
- Manage the procurement aspects of multiple projects, project managers and project governance.
- Collaborate with business and IT leadership to develop a well-defined project plan that clearly states the project’s objectives, scope, assumptions, timeline, resource requirements, risks, benefits and budget in relation to the procurement process.
- Document and report project status against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources and facilitate tracking and closure of issues in relation to the procurement process.
- Support the development of project schedule plans and strategies, estimate resource requirements, develop and monitor work plans for completion of project tasks in relation to the procurement process.
- Provide guidance to project resources in establishing work priorities and prompt delivery of project tasks as they relate to the procurement and contracting processes.
- Demonstrated experience providing procurement specialist services including evaluation of responses, and management of Request for Proposals and procurement processes within a public sector or large organization
- Experience in public sector procurement processes including an understanding of trade agreements and competitive bid law
- Experience in business writing and communications for Executive or Senior Management.
- Experience with procurement processes for IT solutions and services (such as Requests for Information – RFI, Request for Comments – RFC, Request for Proposals – RFP, Request for Quotations – RFQ) in public sector
- Experience with contract negotiations.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.