The Production Coordinator works closely with the Program Manager and Master Scheduler to ensure the shop floor and production scheduling requirements are met to ensure that customer’s projects their and deadlines are being met.
- Maintain and monitor project plans and schedules to ensure customer requirement are met.
- Advises the Scheduler of pulled-in or pushed-out messages which are not in alignment to the customer sales order and level loaded production plan.
- Update and maintain the customer’s database with regard to scheduling and system transactions.
- Building recovery plans for altered customer schedules as required.
- Document and follow-up on important actions and decisions from meetings with Program Managers and customers.
- Communicate to the customer on a regular basis to provide status updates.
- Involved in the non-conformance resolution process by work working with the engineering and quality departments to gather information on scrap or release rework operations.
- Monitors the status of assigned work orders and documentation with department heads to determine progress of work and completion dates.
- Organize, attend and participate in customer meetings.
- Support production control and purchasing as it relates to assigned customer schedules as required.
- Generates history files and dockets as required.
- Maintains an acceptable level of performance by following established policies and procedures, and participating in continuous improvement efforts by supporting and implementing new ideas.
- Sets a positive example by maintaining a respective attitude, cooperating with co-workers, management, and internal and external customers.
- Be a productive team member and help to meet established departmental and Company goals.
- Report safety issues to direct supervisor as soon as possible..
- Effectively gives and receives feedback and willingly asks questions and seeks direction when needed.
- May work any and all shifts/days as required.
- Willingly accepts responsibility of sharing skills and knowledge with other employees.
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Post secondary education in Administration or equivalent experience required.
- Previous project management experience an asset.
- Experience working in an environment requiring detailed traceability of parts and documents, preferably in the aerospace, nuclear industries, or CNC shop environment
- Proficient in the use of Excel and Word
- Excellent relationship and communication skills
- Highly organized and able to manage priorities
- Ability to focus and concentrate on fine details