Our Toronto plastics manufacturing facility is seeking a production supervisor to join their team. This position has 12 hour shifts rotating every two weeks between day and night shift. The company employs about 120 individuals and offers a comprehensive benefit package.
- Day to day general administration of the operations. (includes personnel, production rates, job changes, reliability)
- Input to plant manager on supply and production optimization, control and use of raw material and inventory management
- Recommendations to plant manager, work methods and procedures for section: technical assistance to lead hand in correct application of methods/procedures and efficient use of equipment
- Responsible for the safe, continuous and efficient operation of production unit.
- On-going coordination as necessary with other sectors in the department
- Daily coordination, prioritization and monitoring of maintenance repairs, and authorization of work orders.
- Plan all shutdowns on equipment with Maintenance.
- Continuous improvement by requesting studies and projects to improve production (i.e. Product quality, production rates, reliability, cost effectiveness). Coordination of this effort with engineering manager
- Input to and implementation of plant safety objectives
- Operator training program
- Input, preparation and update of shift work schedules including replacements as required
- Evaluate his personnel on a periodic basis
- Administer company policies, address poor employee work attitudes and practices
- Insure that all P.M programs are adequate for meeting equipment reliability needs
- 3+ years experience in a leadership role
- 3+ years of technical experience (plastics industry experience preferred)