Our Public Sector Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Program Director for a 18 month contract role.
As a Program Director, accountable for supporting executive project oversight and the overall program management of a program to implement a new electronic provider services platform, including. supporting and coordinating any necessary systems integration and change management efforts.
- The identification, scoping and planning for the business implications across all functions in the WSIB (including but not limited to business processes, WSIB organizational structure and resourcing implications, and systems implications for various applications in operation at the WSIB).
- Support the WSIB in the multi-phased and multi-year implementation plan for the project and the review, re-engineering and enhancement of innovative business processes, systems and structures to improve service delivery and customer/client service in order to meet the growing demands of the WSIB stakeholders. Encourage the leveraging of a range of creative and cost effective solutions and strategies that support WSIB business and service delivery, operational business process improvements and enterprise I&IT systems and objectives.
- Support the conceptualization, development and implementation of an enhanced technology platform including leveraging a range of creative and cost effective information technology (IT) solutions and strategies that support WSIB business and service delivery, operational business process improvements and enterprise I&IT systems and objectives.
- Work closely with senior level executives on a broad range of project issues, decision points and emerging/contentious issues. Support the WSIB in the development and monitoring of project governance products and reporting requirements and facilitate discussions/negotiations to gain support and approval of key initiatives and proposals.
- Support senior level discussions and negotiations to engage/inform senior program and cluster management in the implementation and gain buy in/consensus on critical decisions and deliverables.
- Support WSIB project leads and internal stakeholders to coordinate project delivery, change management and internal communication strategies through the various stages of the project that supports change at all levels of the organization and the assessment of risks, the establishment of broad mitigation plans and measures.
- Partner in creating a multi-disciplinary team environment and quality service centred culture which encourages working cooperatively as a team to achieve common organizational objectives and goals. Support the identification of priorities and program requirements for staff and builds teamwork and open communication to facilitate the dissemination of WSIB priorities, strategies and plans.
- Support the procurement of third party services as required, to support the implementation of the electronic provider solutions platform, including the development of technology and business solutions.
- Support vendor relationships including the negotiation of contracts, service level agreements and the resolution of complex functional and strategic issues and problems in order to hold vendors accountable for driving results.
- Executive level individual with 10-15 years of Senior Project Management, Change Management and IT project experience
- Track record of successfully delivering multi-year, multi-stakeholder transformation projects
- Experience building and managing large multi-disciplinary teams including business, IT and vendor staff
- Experience managing third party systems integrators
- Experience leading major change management programs
- Experience working in a broader public sector organization
- Demonstrable financial acumen and expertise
- Strong project governance experience
- Nice to Have Technical & Interpersonal Skills:
- MBA or similar, PMP certification would be an asset.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”