Our Public Sector Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Programmer/Developer for a 6+ month contract with high possibility of extension.
As a Programmer/Developer is responsible for developing, maintaining and administering IT solutions to support Ontario’s courts in the delivery of Clients services under various legislative frameworks and rules of procedure.
The consultant will be responsible for:
- Translate business requirements and functional specifications into working, tested applications. This includes developing detailed programming specifications, user interface designs, prototypes, writing and/or generating code, compiling data driven programs, conducting unit tests and debugging code.
- Analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and documentation of approved requests related to our mainframe environments
- Assessment of and recommendations for program enhancements/changes requested by business partners
- Support and maintenance for mainframe application programs and program modules, including on-call support
- Knowledge transfer to team members and other personnel
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong IBM COBOL experience and expertise with the mainframe environment
- Experience in development of JEE based applications, including (but not limited to) integration layer services such as web services
- Experience in Core Java and JEE frameworks
- Experience in wrapping mainframe IMS transactions into Java APIs and/or web services
- Experience in implementing system to system integration (through APIs, web services) involving mainframe applications
- Experience working in a similar technical environment (recognizes the language, data model, and size of an application that has undergone multiple changes over a long-term period)
- Demonstrated experience in the use of tools to support application analysis
- Ability to apply lessons learned from applicable projects
- Successfully completed technical analysis of legacy applications for similar complex, environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Track record for meeting deadlines in a complex program environment
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”