Our Public Sector Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Programmer/Developer for 100 days of Part Time Contract between May 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020 in Toronto, Ontario
As a Programmer/ Developer, the candidate is responsible to support and maintain all existing web applications as well as develop new web-based initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Support and Maintenance
- Provide business application support as a tier 2/3 resource for seven production applications Respond to a break/fix notification within one business day Restore normal service operation within three business days
- Review and implement change requests to meet client needs Planned Activities (Tangible Deliverables)
- Emergency Management Training Portal (EMTP) Provide solutions and incorporate new business processes in support of the new business requirements for the Incident Command Structure (ICS) Update and configure existing modules to meet new business requirements Update and Implement new features based on technical specifications Design and build custom web features (front-end) Design and build custom administrative modules (back-end) in support of web modules and business functions Configure the EMTP in support of new or updated features Build custom administrative reports Update the data model (database) and write custom SQL queries in support of reports and updated / new features Incorporate accessibility requirements (WCAG 2.0) into new features Conduct Data analysis, transformation and import of new data in the EMTP
- Municipal Compliance Tool Implement an annual update process and updated Contact Management module Design and build features based on technical specifications Build additional modules based on business requirements / technical specifications
- PDF/UA Generation Tool Implement automated PDF/UA generation for Standard Incident Reports Build Solution that includes the Programming Logic, XML, XSLT, CSS and PDF Identify and determine the best method for integration into existing web application / process Integrate into existing PDF Generation Tool Investigate and build a proof of concept for automated word / structured document to PDF/UA and HTML accessible formats
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in design, build and delivery of Learning Management System (LMS) modules in the TP Macro Language and TP environment.
- Experience with and knowledge of database including data modelling SQL programming skills with the ability to write queries, stored procedures and views.
- Experience with the design and development of user and system interface(s).
- Experience in the use of information retrieval packages using SQL.
- Experience with middleware and gateways.
- Demonstrated experience in design, build and delivery of Learning Management System (LMS) modules in the TP Macro Language and TP (Training Partners) environment.
- Demonstrated experience with technical analysis of the design and architecture of solutions using Training Partner / .Net.
- Demonstrated experience with applying accessibility requirements to .NET based applications and PDF/UA.
- Experience with Windows XP, Vista, 2K3, 2K8 environment, SQL, XML, Visual Studio, MS Web Services, Enterprise Library, and Team Foundation Server.
- Experience in structured methodologies for the development, design, implementation and maintenance of applications.
NET Enterprise Level Applications
- 10+ years of experience in programming and analysis.
- Experience in developing .NET enterprise level applications incorporating loosely coupled components and nTier architecture.
- 8+ years of .NET experience.
- Experience with ASP.NET Programming, .NET Framework, C #.Net and VB.NET.
- Previous Experience in the OPS
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”