Do you want to work for one of the largest electrical utility company in Michigan? They are currently looking for a CAD Designer to support their facility in Jackson, Michigan. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: CAD Designer
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Duration: 6 Months Contract (possible extension)
- Will be responsible for gas projects associated with System Improvement and New Business projects.
- The review of blueprints, drawings, property descriptions and plans to verify requests are within the capability of the system.
- Responsible for creating and managing multiple designs at one time that are technical in nature.
- Will take ownership of the creation of gas service designs, which involves the use of Microsoft Excel macros.
- Will work collaboratively with fellow Distribution Pipeline Engineering Designers and Gas Design Team Leads to ensure seamless integration with associated project content, design template(s), and overall final product.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Date management
- Prioritize work by design deadlines
- Support Distribution Pipeline Engineering Designers and be flexible enough to maintain support for emergent work.
- 0-3 years of CAD design
- Creative, innovative, and strategic thinker
- Organizational skills
- Hold/Pursuing a technical/design degree
Preferred skills are:
- 3-5 Years of CAD design experience
- Blueprint reading experience
- Ability to design complex technical visual content
- Project Coordination experience
- 1-3 years of SAP experience
- Skilled with Microstation J, or V8I
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Design
- Energy industry background that includes knowledge of and/or experience in gas utility operations
- High School Diploma and in process of obtaining Associates Degree or Associate Degree
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.