Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Project Cost Analyst to assist with several tasks related to cost control, planning, scheduling, and reporting deliverables. Specifically, the Project Cost Analyst will provide Project Services support for the WWRP Operations, Readiness and Assurance (ORA) scope to assist the team with meeting its functional objectives. This is a 12 month contract position located in St. John’s Newfoundland.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities for this role will be in the following specific areas:
- Assisting the Cost Control Lead in managing key deliverables related to cost control, including developing and maintaining cost forecasts and budgets for the ORA scope.
- Advising and assisting the Cost Control Lead with identifying, reviewing, and managing cost deviations where they occur.
- Assisting project staff in processing and payment of project related invoices.
- Maintaining cost control reporting and providing monthly updates on project funding requirements (cost tracking, accruals, commitments).
Scheduling & Planning:
- Developing and baselining the project schedule through interactive planning sessions.
- Providing planning/scheduling support to maintain/update the project schedule.
- Providing support to plan and manage resources for projects.
- Providing support in developing progress measurement systems and project dashboard reporting to management.
- Monitoring and supporting the overall stewardship of the ORA Activity Catalogue.
- Monitoring and maintaining the issues register for the ORA team.
Reporting & External Engagement:
- Coordinating, compiling and preparing monthly/quarterly presentations and reports for the WWRP Senior Leadership Team.
- Actively engaging with project stakeholders to ensure timely completion of reporting deliverables.
- Developing and maintaining a reporting calendar for project deliverables.
- Participating in monthly meetings with WWRP joint venture partners to support the tracking and completion of action items.
Project Services Co-op Students:
- Providing supervision, mentorship and oversight of the Project Services engineering co-op students during their work terms.
- Participating in recruitment activities for Project Services engineering co-op students.
Skills & Qualifications
- Post Secondary degree or equivalent in Engineering or industry related discipline.
- P. Eng or P. Tech designation.
- A minimum of 3-5 years related work experience on capital projects.
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, incurred costs tracking, accruals, commitment and invoicing process for capital projects.
- Understanding of Project Controls functions (1-3 years).
- Experience in planning & scheduling (1-3 years).
- Experience in Project Reporting (1-3 years).
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Ability to manage time sensitive deliverables and competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals, and to identify and resolve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of both automated and manual project control/management techniques and programs.
- Working knowledge of SAP for accounting, invoicing, and reporting process.
- Working knowledge of Primavera P6.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to mentor, coach and provide oversight to engineering co-op students.
Nice to Haves
- Formal training in cost management.
- Formal training in planning/scheduling.
- Experience in progress measurement (1-3 years).
- Demonstrable knowledge of the offshore oil & gas industry.
- Familiar with all aspects of multi-disciplined projects involving engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, operations and drilling requirements.
- Working knowledge of Active Risk Manager (ARM) database.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.