Do you want to work for the largest electrical and natural gas utility companies in Michigan? Assisting them in serving 6.7 million of the state’s 10 million residents? They are currently looking for a Project Cost Controller II to support their facility in Jackson, Michigan. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Project Cost Controller II
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Duration: Until Mar. 2020 (possible extension)
- A Project Cost Controller’s main duty is to track and control the costs associated with one or more of their employer's projects.
- On a day-to-day basis, they are responsible for tasks such as maintaining, tracking, and updating monthly cost forecasts; reporting and providing feedback on project status; working with project teams and accountants in an effort to meet annual budgets; providing monthly earned value updates to the accounting department in support of the monthly accrual process; and verifying invoices issued by suppliers.
- They sometimes work as part of a larger team and sometimes operate alone.
Requirements / Skills:
- Project Cost Controllers should have a strong understanding of the project life cycle and the use of earned value management to determine project status.
- A high level of organizational skills are required in order to provide clear and transparent project information.
- Project Cost Controllers should have a firm understanding of the use of Microsoft products, namely Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Communications skills, verbal and written, are also key for this position, as Project Cost Controllers must communicate effectively with upper management, project team members, and subordinates.
- SAP knowledge and experience is a must.
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, project or construction management and a minimum of 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within Project Controls.
- Although not required, Project Cost Controllers with certifications from AACE or PMI are preferable.