Do you want to work for the largest electrical and natural gas utility companies in Michigan? Assisting them in serving 6.7 million of the state’s 10 million residents? They are currently looking for a Project Engineer II to support their facility in Jackson, Michigan. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Project Engineer II – Hydropower Project
Location: Jackson, MI
Duration: Until December 2019 (possible extension)
- Each engineering candidate shall be capable of providing on-site project engineering, design coordination, and field engineering support throughout all phases of the project from preliminary engineering through project turnover and closeout.
- The candidate must have the ability to foster collaborative coordination of the design engineer (Engineer of Record), construction contractor, project personnel, and the project team.
- The individual ensures design complies with applicable codes, regulatory requirements, standards and performance expectations; monitor field installation, document and recommend field design changes where appropriate; ensure testing validates critical design characteristics; and reviews record documents for fidelity with installed configuration.
- The candidate will possess the skills required to support planning, design, construction, and maintenance of generating facilities, specifically including hydroelectric dams.
- Individual should exemplify safe work practices and follow the company’s compliance standards.
- Lead and/or assist with engineering projects to include design, plans, inspections, system planning, specifications, reports, maps, environmental impacts, permits, contracts, schedules, estimates, surveying, easements, data collection, construction observation, and field investigation.
- Provide engineering services with accuracy, integrating all applicable governmental and company laws, standards and procedures on time and under budget.
- Use computer assisted engineering, design, and drafting software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Understand and follow company established standard procedures for file structure and standard drawing procedures for projects.
- Become familiar with plans and specifications, maps, and related material for each project and be able to utilize the information appropriately.
- Reviews operating and construction sites to monitor progress and other duties per the design documents.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university; minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in civil/structural engineering.
- Experience in both civil and structural is preferred, specifically at hydroelectric dams.
- A professional engineering license is preferred; however, not required.