Do you want to work for the largest electrical and natural gas utility companies in Michigan? Assisting them in serving 6.7 million of the state’s 10 million residents? They are currently looking for a Project Engineer III to support their facility in Olive Township, Michigan. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Project Engineer III
Location: Olive Township, MI
Duration: Until August 2019 (possible extension)
- The electrical project engineer will work on the project engineering team within the generation engineering and services department.
- The projects consist of modifications to existing facilities and new construction for the electric generating and gas compression fleet.
- This position will require working closely with project managers, engineers of other disciplines, plant engineers, plant operations and maintenance personnel, outage managers, start up and testing, Architectural & Engineering firms, contracted labor, and vendor representatives.
- Develop and/or review engineering drawings and calculations that detail plans and specifications for construction projects.
- Communicate effectively with a vast group of stakeholders to ensure all electrical technical aspects of the project are completed per the safety, scope, schedule, and budgetary objectives.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend corrective actions to technical issues identified in the field during project execution or initial operation.
- Develop and/or review electrical engineering technical specifications and bid documents for engineered equipment, materials engineering, and construction service contracts.
- Perform field engineering and support the resolution of construction and start up and testing issues.
- Assist project management and project controls with the development of project schedules and budgets.
- Attend and/or lead project coordination meetings.
- Participate in the closeout of projects including turnover of project files and record documents at project closure; captures lessons learned.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Electrical Engineering degree from and ABET accredited university.
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Knowledgeable of the design, construction, or operation of an electric generating plant
- Knowledge in project management including safety leadership, schedule logic and implementation, procurement and construction means and methods.
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards as they relate to design and construction
- Experience in reviewing designs to assure compliance with engineering design, applicable codes, constructability, and industry standards.
- Experience in procurement of engineered material, equipment and professional services