Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Telecommunication company.
We are looking for a Project Manager to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Dorval, Quebec, Canada
This position reports to Senior Project Manager IT Infrastructure and will work with the IT Architect, Designer, Senior PM, Technicians, Implementation Network team and other PMs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- PMP certification highly preferred.
- 2-3 years of Program Management experience.
- Demonstrated success in project implementation planning and execution specific to activities for network changes.
- In-depth knowledge and proven application of Project Management methodologies and full project lifecycle including documentation standards, risk, issue, assumption and dependency management and change controls process.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities to influence others without direct supervision. Comfortable facilitating meetings, negotiating with vendors and presenting to groups.
- Strong knowledge of computer software, such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Project, Visio etc.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Background in the Information Security realm with exposure to some of the following disciplines: Network topologies, firewalls, load balancing, Identity and Access Management, Single Sign On, Network Access Control, Certificates, Platform Security, Data Leakage Protection (DLP), Layered/Multifactor Authentication.
- Familiarity with process modeling, workshop facilitation and business analysis.
- Experience in collaborating, managing relationships and holding accountable 3rd party managed services providers for infrastructure, technical development and application/platform support.
- Ability to create and foster a climate of adding value in delivering projects by striving for excellence and contributing to the overall development of Change Management.
- Flexibility to work on a variety of projects and teams within Business Change Management.
- Ensure the sponsor's business requirements have been clearly defined and documented.
- Define the scope of the project, own and manage project goals, risks, issues and resources.
- Work with business owners, Solution, System and Enterprise Architects, technical Subject Matter Experts, and vendors to evaluate solutions, based upon requirements, that meet organization strategies regarding technical solutions to solve business problems.
- Ensure benefits and triggers are agreed with benefit owners and can be realized while managing the impact of the organizational change to the business and customer. May be required to provide input to business strategy and prioritization of Program Portfolio.
- Manage research to determine and quantify options solutions to meet strategic fit.
- Ensure effective team identification of and act as escalation point for project risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies within the portfolio, working with the team to devise and implement effective mitigation strategies taking corrective action to achieve resolution to the satisfaction of Program Manager and/or business sponsor.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the project team (including matrixed project resources), providing coaching, training, development and feedback to line managers as needed.
- May require negotiation with suppliers (both internal and external) to secure a timely and cost-effective outcome for the project.
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting against the project plan and budget in line with appropriate governance.
- Ensure each project adheres to the governance required by Program Office including the maintenance of full documentation.
- Progress business developments in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Establish and build relationships across teams to facilitate achievement of strategic goals while maintaining momentum throughout the project life cycle.
- Determine internal / external resources required to deliver the project(s).
- Create, foster and instill a climate of resources adding value in delivering projects by striving for excellence and contributing to the overall development of Change Management.
- Ensuring the project deliverables are capable of achieving the benefits defined in the business case.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.