Our energy client requires a Project Manager for their Application Rationalization. This project is scheduled to run for 12 months and begin in January 2019.
This role is a contractor position assigned to the Transformation Program for a 12 month period from January through December 2019. This role will work with the Application Rationalization Project team to progress the project mandate to rationalize the portfolio of 1,500 post-merger applications simplifying the application landscape. The Project Manager will work with an agile team that is geographically distributed throughout the organization’s business units.
- Develop, track and manage project scope, budget and forecast across multiple financial systems.
- Respond to potential scope changes based on future corporate events (acquisition, divestiture, etc).
- Ensure appropriate resources are in place to meet delivery expectations.
- Liase with larger TIS organization to review application rationalization opportunities and track progress of activities.
- Liase with Application Rationalization projects leads to vet business cases, charters and subsequently track project status, budget, delivery milestones and realized benefits.
- Work with stakeholders to develop project plan to stand up Application Portfolio Management practice.
- Maintain close integration with other TIS governance processes including ePMO, Vendor Management Office (VMO), Enterprise Architecture, IT Service Management, and IT Software Asset Management.
- Maintain close integration with Supply Chain Management governance processes.
- Ensure that the project follows the Project Management Office (PMO) processes and deliverables and change management best practices.
- All business applications (e.g. data processing applications that reside in a data center versus workstation installed productivity tools), regardless of whether hosted on premises, at a third party hosting site, or cloud-based
- Work with internal stakeholders, such as all Technology and Information Services teams as well as other corporate clients.
- Exercise influence and collaboration with TIS partners and business partners
- Collaboration and interaction as needed across all Business Units
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Degree / diploma in computing science, engineering or similar field.
- Minimum 5-years Project Management experience.
- Experience planning, managing and monitoring IS projects.
- Experience in the effective management of budget and prioritization and planning.
- Ability to work on and continuously deliver on numerous competing priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, technical writing, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Reports to TIS Transformation –Applications Focus Area Lead
- No direct reports. Will lead project team size of 5 full time and additional 5 part time staff.
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.