Are you an experienced Project Manager with experience working on mining projects ? Then you’d love to chat with us about your next rewarding and challenging assignment. Our client provides a wide range of infrastructure and construction services and has been a significant player in Saskatchewan’s mining industry for nearly three decades.
As a Project Manager (PM) for our client, you will lead company construction, engineering and /or performance contracting projects according to contract documents and will coordinate appropriate information flow to ensure smooth operation of the project from start to finish.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Preparing project schedules;
- Review project plans and specifications and comment on the design, scheduling, possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems;
- Ensure all company, client and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to;
- Have confidence in own ability to intelligently communicate with team and client as well as effectively lead the trades;
- Manage and coordinate safety and quality effort for the project, utilizing safety and QC resources appropriately;
- Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule on a daily basis;
- Control and monitor labour, material and equipment expenses;
- Identify changes in scope or differing conditions and secure appropriate change orders for project cost and time;
- Ensure all required inspections are performed;
- Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred;
- 5-7 year experience as a Project Manager;
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications;
- Must have understanding of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts;
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office and written skills;
- Excellent work ethic, honest, and leads by example.
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.