We have an immediate opening for a “Project Manager” for a 6 months contract assignment in Waltham, Massachusetts.
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
- The newly formed PMO/CMO team within the Transmission, Generation, and Energy Procurement Business Unit is at the forefront of delivering our Vision of Leadership in Transmission (Project Volt) portfolio and other large, complex, cross-functional, and transformative projects. In order to achieve this, we need to accelerate our technology deployment and asset modernization by increasing our Capital spend by $2B over the next 10 years.
- This role provides a hugely exciting opportunity for someone to immerse themselves into the significant project management associated with this effort as well as others within the Transmission, Generation, and Energy Procurement business. We are looking for the right person to join an enthusiastic team, whose focus is to manage the business to achieve our ambitious goals.
- The successful candidate will have strong business acumen, excellent organizational skills, and desire to improve the Transmission, Generation, and Energy Procurement business.
Work with cross-functional teams to successfully plan, organize, lead, and control high-profile projects across the Transmission, Generation, and Energy Procurement business on time, on budget, and within scope.
- Plan projects, including defining the scope, developing the project plan, and identifying applicable policies and procedures to support the achievement of the project objectives
- Organize projects, including defining roles, responsibilities, structure, documentation, resources, and ways of working
- Lead projects, including building relationships, managing stakeholders, coordinating work, identifying change management / project issues, and preparing / implementing recommendations to address the issues
- Control projects, including reporting, evaluating, and correcting as needed to achieve the objectives and assuring the adherence to internal control guidelines, methodologies, and toolsets. As well as identifying and escalating project risks, financial risks, and mitigation plans
- Ability to manage projects on time, on budget, and within scope
- Knowledge of business processes to provide guidance and feedback when developing project plans
- Ability to think strategically and execute on change management strategies
- Proven experience managing risks and issues across projects
- Ability to engage stakeholders and effectively collaborate and partner with them
- Excellent written / oral communication and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well with others
- Very strong organizational, prioritization, and detail-oriented skills
- Effective collaboration and partnership capabilities and ability to influence at all levels across the organization
- Ability to define and manage metrics
- Ability to create a high-energy, collaborative team climate where team members are able to discuss relevant issues freely and where there is a strong emphasis on continuous improvement
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an engineering discipline and/or significant relevant project management, engineering and construction experience in all aspects of utility substation/line construction operations
- 5+ years of experience with project management or equivalent relevant experience
- Certified Project Management Professional preferred
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.