We have an immediate opening for a Lead Project Manager in Syracuse, NY.
This contract role is an exciting opportunity in the Capital Delivery Department with an established utility company looking for a strong PM to join their high energy, collaborative team.
- This position will be responsible for the planning, delivery, management and governance of the NY Electric Complex Capital Projects to ensure they are developed in a least cost, fit for purpose manner in order to improve long term project robustness, requirements, costs and timescales.
- This position will ensure the optimization of design and development, considering the alignment of resources (people, materials, access, permissions) with clear cost and time ranges at the front end of project and program lifecycles.
- This position will engage key stakeholders to ensure adherence to the Complex Capital Delivery process, highest standards of health, safety, environmental, security and quality.
The ideal candidate will have strong skills in: electrical engineering design, project management, stakeholder engagement, presentation, construction management, interpersonal, oral & written communication, critical analysis and capable of leading and influencing teams, and gaining support and commitment from a wider operational group.
- 7+ years experience in electric operations engineering, project management, utility construction or equivalent relevant experience.
- A bachelor’s degree required in an engineering discipline and/or significant relevant project management, engineering and construction experience in all aspects of utility natural gas construction operations.
- Master’s degree in engineering discipline, MBA or relevant equivalent preferred.
- Professional Engineers license and/or Certified Project Management Professional preferred.
- Proven experience in direct project development and design including milestone management, resourcing, affordability, risk management, reporting and possess team leadership and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of electrical system operations, engineering, environmental, engineering economics, and familiarity with legal, purchasing, and utility accounting regulations.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.