Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Information Technology company.
We are looking for a Project Manager – Intermediate to support the team.
Duration: 7 months
Location: Kanata, Ontario, Canada
This individual will work with a cross functional team to help plan the activities, capture them in Jira in the form of user stories, and the manage to date. The PM's biggest objective is to move the roadblocks that prevent the team from being successful.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5 to 10 years in a Project (application development) and/or Consulting environment.
- Infrastructure related experience.
- Both Waterfall and Agile experience.
- Experience using JIRA.
- PMP certification.
- Works with Program Director to create project direction and momentum, maintains records for project plans, document management, change and problem tracking, and contract administration.
- Records control and tracking of project-related items, including issues, dependencies and finance. Maintains and reports project status of actions, issues, risks.
- Manages project time administration such as vendor PO setup, billing rates administration. Manages vendor time capture administration.
- Manages and executes purchase order administration*, (ex., goods receipts). Manages and executes purchase requisition process.
- Maintains consultant/contractor files and supports corporate function validation of invoices (i.e. actual vs. contracted). Maintains and tracks project expenses (I.e. travel, supplies, etc.).
- Performs project administration (Issues log, change requests, decision log etc.). Produces project communication (Steering Committee presentations etc.), including project status reporting (co-ordinate team status meetings, draft status reports etc.).
- Conducts work authorization and delivery management (process Purchase Orders, Resourcing requests, etc.). Reconciles vendor invoice time entry for Changepoint or for spend map, if discrepancies exist.
- Tracks financial information for projects, including Statements of work, purchase order issuance, goods receipts, vendor payments, etc.
- Processes change requests and minor enhancement requests through Changepoint, working with finance to ensure standards are adhered to.
- Manages and coordinates project resource on-boarding and off-boarding processes. Leverages existing processes and standards in performing administrative duties (i.e. use of standard templates).
- Creates, formats and edits various documents, presentations, letters, proposals and manuals. Administers Changepoint: project set-up, billing rates, materials/products matching.
- Acts as the focal point for the project team for the co-ordination of facilities, technical support and other engagement site requirements.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.