Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Telecommunication company.
We are looking for a Project Manager – Intermediate to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The successful candidate will directly lead a part of the end to end program managing IT business analysts, contractors and developers and partner with other IT teams such as Planning, Architecture, Infrastructure, Front Door, etc for project deployments and further development of the applications. The candidate will be accountable to work with external vendors such as CGI, Amdocs and others. We require a highly motivated individual, who thrives in an exciting and constantly changing environment, to apply creativity and innovation in the development of solutions essential to support our overall strategic program, and is able to able to lead change through cross-functional teams or business unit projects.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bilingualism is a significant asset (English and French).
- College certificate or University degree (business, computer science).
- Project Management Certifications and or work experience equivalents.
- Strong people/team leadership skills.
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Strong dedication to customer focus.
- Ability to work in a fluid team environment.
- At least 5 years previous experience as a Project Manager.
- Extensive experience in managing project delivery involving multi-tiered systems integration.
- Strong analytical/conceptual skills.
- Ability to gain management support and work effectively at all levels across the organization and across departments within our organization.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to act as the sponsor and customer advocate throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and rapid change.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Sound business acumen.
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio).
- Project Finance, Budget (Knowledge of SAP) and Governance Processes (PEATS/IPC/ICEC).
- Overall end-to-end ownership of multiple delivery projects throughout the development lifecycle.
- Leads the quantification of requirements (process and system) for the business solution and the translation of those business needs into IS/IT and vendor requirements.
- Accountable to identify/raise project issues and drive the resolution of design and delivery issues with the project delivery units and to oversee the development and implementation of the business solution.
- Negotiates and confirms scope of system and process changes with key stakeholders, identifying business opportunities and options resulting from system solution design and development.
- Identifies and monitors the benefits associated with the business solution.
- Resources and builds core and extended project teams.
- Directly responsible for PM’s, BA’s and SME direct reports as well as contractors.
- Regularly interfaces with all appropriate stakeholders to ensure smooth transition of the business solution throughout the project lifecycle.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Responsible for YEE and program/project budget and forecasting.
- Assist in project planning and costing for multi-year strategic plan, support all PEATS and finance project delivery obligations following IT practices.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.