On behalf of our client, we are looking for a project manager with strong experience in road operations and maintenance. This is an excellent full time position with an international organization the specializes in the operations and maintenance of public and private infrastructure. Working in a collaborative manner with the team, he/she will achieve operational excellence in the service provided to the client in the most efficient manner.
- Analyze in detail, from a technical perspective, the current operation of the road maintenance contracts.
- Identify, plan, propose, support and lead, if necessary, the implementation of timely operational improvement actions, ensuring quality, efficiency and profitability.
- Participate in operational analysis, including measures of effectiveness, manning requirements, reporting criteria and methodology and evaluation of needs, trends and response.
- Interpret codes, implement policies and procedures, follow oral and written instructions, and experience in the use of computers and common computer programs
- Provide operations enhancement recommendations
- Develop long and short-range strategic operational plans and budget analysis.
- 3+ years of experience in ROAD MAINTENANCE.
- Fleet management will be considered a strong asset.
- Civil Engineering / Transportation Management Degree will considered a strong asset
- Must have the ability to lead, plan & manage a large scale 24 hour operations program to include directing, instructing and supervising a large number of staff and diverse groups
- Knowledge and experience in highway traffic operations and road maintenance techniques and management.
- Demonstrated success in keeping programs on schedule and within budget while meeting the performance goals of contracts managed, and in effectively managing multiple team members
- Demonstrated management experience, especially with staff in different geographic locations.
** This position will require training at either the client’s Sault Ste Marie or North Bay project site for one month to ensure appropriate operational training and shadowing, with our current Project Manager. Housing/hotel, and travel expenses will be covered by the Company.