Project Manager needed to support the day to day operations of the Road Maintenance department. Ensuring all MTO contracts are met in a cost effective, safe and efficient manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide structure, support, administrative systems and methodologies to meet contract obligations in relation to quality, safety, contractor agreements, procurement, cost control, scheduling and estimating management processes and procedures.
- Proactively respond to issues that impact on contract requirements and facilitate solutions in timely manner; share methodologies that will bring about improvements systemically.
- Organize, direct, manage and coordinate the project team members to build teamwork and ensure high performance.
- Drives the company values and ensures the values are incorporated into the development, management and performance of the team. Seeks to develop employees professionally to include safety, quality, customer service and general business proficiency.
- Comply with Company Risk Management, Quality Assurance and Safety programs, policies, systems and procedures including federal, state and local legislation and statutory.
- Establish and maintain effective relations with the Client, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Interfaces with designers, manages regulatory and Fire/Life/Safety approval process.
- Monitor financial performance, conduct financial analysis and prepare performance information and recommendations for incorporation into the periodic reports to management.
- Provide input into the development, review, negotiation and implementation of subcontractor and supplier agreements in order to gain the best possible return for the contract.
- Establish and report appropriate metrics for measuring contract performance.
- Responsible for the overall safety of all project personnel.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Carry out all duties in line with Company policies and procedures as amended from time to time.
- Monitors Rehabilitation activities to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished, to include O&M Manual development, design review, planning, and facility/system acceptance following renewal/rehabilitation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of asset management within facility maintenance, repairs, and operations.
- Experience with project management concepts, related processes, principles and their application. Must be able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Must be able to negotiate, coordinate and plan effectively. The incumbent must possess strong analytical and communication skills.
- A well organized, self-directed individual with the ability to provide strong leadership, possess the ability to manage and organize multiple priorities, maintain a significant customer focus and positive customer service attitude.
- Standard engineering and MS Office software proficiency to include Microsoft word, excel, access and project, in addition to CMMS applications specific to DataStream (MP2) / INFOR (EAM).
- This position requires a highly developed sense of safety awareness and perceptive ability. Must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- Must be able to think clearly and focus on your safety in your immediate surroundings, while using tools and equipment, while driving or operating equipment.
- As a supervisor, you are required to lead by example; encourage co-workers and supervised employees to correctly use PPE; follow proper safety rules of conduct, take appropriate corrective actions, including the initiation of disciplinary action to enforce the use and observance of PPE and safety rules within your area of supervised responsibility.
- Must be willing and able to meet any specific project contractual obligation.
- Must be willing and able to pass Advanced MOT training
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (Required)
- Professional Engineering License (Highly desired)
- 5-10 years industry experience; previous facility management or supervisory experience (Required)
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record (Required)
- Office and Field Environment in heat and cold
- Minimal travel required
- 24/7 Operations-Occasional holidays, nights, weekends are required.
- Work over and around water
- Working from heights
- Working in tight spaces
- Working in traffic