Our Calgary Energy client has an immediate need for a Project Manager to lead various critical software updates in order to stay on supported versions of the software. This is a contract position that is scheduled to last for four (4) months.
- Planning various upgrades as directed
- Executing software upgrade projects
- Includes project reporting, meetings as required, stakeholder engagement
- Ensure compatibility and business continuity between current custom developed applications across upgrades
- Ensure test planning and deployment planning are completed
Skills – REQUIRED:
- Strong project management skills in upgrade type projects
- Ability to chair and run meetings as required
- Ability to work with teams across IT (deployment/test teams, infrastructure, security, application support teams)
- Experience working with vendors
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, including the ability to create and deliver effective presentations as a means to promote and sell ideas to stakeholders
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to identify and prioritize issues and work effort
- Write clear, concise and effective project communications
- Set realistic team expectations and clearly communicates the purpose and objectives of the project to the team
- Develop and maintain detailed project plan
- Work with Functional Manager, both Systems and Business, to plan resources
- Report on project status; raise issues in timely fashion
Skills – RECOMMENDED:
- Previous experience on similar upgrade projects, both infrastructure and application
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.