Do you want to work for the largest electrical and natural gas utility companies in Michigan? Assisting them in serving 6.7 million of the states 10 million residents? They are currently looking for an Project Scheduler III to support their facility in Ludington, Michigan. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Project Scheduler III
Duration: Until March 2019 (possible extension)
- Organize, implement and maintain scheduling management system supporting identified projects and their plans.
- Assist to set up tasks and sub tasks to ensure satisfactory realization of project contract requirements as scheduled.
- Log project time-lines and maintain P6 database of tasks and its status. Log all new information into P6 database and provide scheduled reports for contract coordination and reporting purposes.
- Interact with project staff & project stakeholders to schedule work and coordinate assignments. Design and develop project schedules. Interact with project teams and contractors to define scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules and identification of variances from original plan.
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas.
- Analyze critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend alternative work paths.
- Develop and update weekly schedule working with superintendents and field engineers and project managers.
- Support project management team to maintain timely and effective change management processes, procedures and systems.
- Assist project team to develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
- Interact with project team members, contractors, cost engineers, and management.
- Minimum of High School Education required, however candidates with Associate's Degree's, Bachelor's degree's or Master's Degree's will also be considered.
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with project team members and stakeholders in order to receive and produce schedule information.
- Must be able to participate fully in all project and department meetings and discussions effectively.
- Must understand how to operate in a P6 environment including knowledge in layouts, activity codes, resources, group & sort and reporting.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Other Beneficial Skills:
- PMP or other PMI certification would be beneficial but not required.
- PSP or CST or other AACEI certification would be beneficial but not required.
- Knowledge of Schedule Quality practices in regards to P6 schedules would be beneficial but not required.
- Project Gating procedures knowledge would be beneficial but not required.
- Prior work experience in Gas & Electric Distribution and Transmission projects a plus.