We have an immediate opening for a “QA Analyst” for a 8-months opportunity in Saint Paul, MN
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
- 6-10 years’ experience
- The project consists of converting a large scale financial based application from Unisys COBOL to C#.
- The role consists of performing technical and functional testing of the modernized application on the Windows .Net platform to ensure that the conversion process and data are accurate.
- Testing will encompass UI screens, batch processes and integration points (inbound / outbound ftp process, web uploads, etc…) of the modernized application.
- The candidate will execute test scripts in the testing environment, document the results, and investigate any encountered problems.
- In this role, the candidate will have to discuss with developers and with users, understand the application, and will need to be able to determine if the problems are conversion defects, conversion data problems, misunderstandings, or…
- The candidate will have to use SQL to query the database to determine correct values.
- The candidate will also be required to create automated tests using the testing tool Telerik.
- The defect tracking tool used on the project is JIRA.
- The technology is C#, ASP.NET, Visual Studio, SQL Server, PowerShell modernized from Mainframe COBOL.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted