Do you want to work for the largest Chemical Manufacturing companies? They are currently looking for a Quality Analyst to support their facility in Clute, Texas. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Quality Analyst
Duration: Until October 2019
- Seeking a QC Analyst to be responsible for conducting quality control routine and non-routine analysis of raw materials, in process, and finished formulation enzyme products according to standard operating procedures.
- Performing new method development, method improvements, and validation of enzyme activity determination or supporting assays.
- Conducts microbiological and analytical analyses according to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Compiles data and records results.
- Reviews results for compliance to specifications and reports deviations.
- Analyzes data and prepares reports, upon request.
- Conducts necessary maintenance and calibration of lab equipment.
- Conducts problem solving on analytical and instrument issues, as required.
- Applies knowledge of good laboratory practices on a daily basis.
- Previous experience running assays to determine enzyme activity.
- Must have experience with general molecular biology and biochemistry laboratory techniques, including spectrophotometry, a basic understanding of enzyme-catalyzed reactions and kinetics.
- Experience with gel electrophoresis is a plus.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and fast-paced environment, both independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail and critical reasoning required to successfully conduct experiments.
- Flexibility, experience, and scientific approach required to multi-task, achieve targets, and integrate new ideas within existing assays and processes.
- Previous experience with method development and troubleshooting assays.
- Knowledge of good laboratory practices is required.
Education and Experience:
- Requires BS in Biological Sciences or related field and at least 2 years of industrial laboratory experience required.
- Laboratory experience working with enzymes and/ or proteins is strongly preferred.