Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join their team to carry out and coordinate various quality assurance and quality control verification activities. This contract position is based out of their Edmonton office.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of the client Project Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Certification plans.
- Review and comment on Contractor Quality Plans, Inspection and Test Plans, and fabrication procedures and other Quality documents.
- Manage interface with Project Supply Chain Quality Engineer.
- Perform Quality Assurance Audits/Reviews for Engineering Design, Procurement, Construction / Installation and Commissioning / Start-up activities.
- Organizing, planning, and supervision of all Contractor audits and inspection activities, inclusive of equipment.
- Manage Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Inspection for Construction / Installation activities.
- Monitor and manage use of Project Action tracking system.
- Assist project Quality Manager in monitoring and troubleshooting use of project procedures and project quality management activities.
- Provide training on root cause analysis, incident reporting, and corrective and preventative actions.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Looking for an EIT with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related discipline.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis and presentation tools including power BI, data modelling tools, and database design tools.
- Communication and analytical skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Interest in how quality functions in the project lifecycle.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.