Quality Assurance Manager, Private Brands
Reporting to Director Private Brands, responsible for managing all aspects of pharma quality assurance management and regulatory compliance while supporting merchandise and promotional initiatives to ensure safety, and increase in penetration, sales and profit
- Develop, implement, maintain, and reassess Private Brands quality assurance programs
- Work with the product development team and category management on new product launches to ensure new products meet specifications.
- Provide input during product specification reviews and follow-up on action items as required
- Ensure that existing and new products meet established formulations and specifications
- Work with 3rd party testing labs on product testing
- Participate in Artwork and Label creation to ensure testing requirements are identified and claims requirements are understood by all parties
- Regulatory review to ensure product compliance with Health Canada, CFIA, CCPSA, etc. requirements
- Performs Quality risk assessment of all Change Controls
- Manages Product Quality Complaints, Recalls and Quality Holds for all private brands items
- Review and provide feedback on Private Brand legal agreements
- Oversee communications to all stores on any quality issues
- Review all plant audits
- Routine employee training on quality, regulatory and safety principles and policies.
- Arrange and attend plant audits on a regular basis to ensure Private Brands products are being manufactured to Pharma standards
- Ensure that all new and existing vendors are meeting Group requirements
- Oversee customer complaint process and work with Customer Service, Stores, Vendors and the customer on addressing customer questions and inquiries
- Support RFP process
- Ensure Supplier compliance with industry quality standards including
- Manage testing reports, their evaluation
- Investigate process failures, and recommend corrective and preventive actions that would eliminate reoccurrences.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- University Degree in science, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a quality assurance management capacity
- Experience in managing 3rd party vendors, labs
- Strong understanding and experience with Health Canada, CCPSA, CFIA, principles and government regulations
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work a fast paced and changing environment.
- Knowledge of related regulations.
- Utilizes decision making skills to achieve specific organizational objectives with consideration given to their impact on other work groups
- Ability to work independently and within a team, facilitating problem solving and process improvement initiatives
Context and Environment:
- High involvement as it pertains to products with the Product Development Managers and any external and internal communications.
- Plant audits are needed on a regular basis.
- Building a rapport and establishing relationships with vendors and store level employees is required for this individual to achieve desired results.
- Ensure private brands products quality and regulatory compliance.
- Regulatory bodies – Health Canada, CFIA, CCPSA, etc.
- 3rd party labs