Our Banking Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Quantitative Application Specialist for a 8+ months of contract role with high possibility of extension.
As a Quantitative Application Specialist, is responsible to contribute primarily to advanced analytics and financial modelling related to the measurement and management of our financial risk.
Typical Day in Role
• Work with QTS and trading to advance risk management platform
• Contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle including, but not limited to, product research, technical design, unit and regression testing, and production support
• Design and implement analytics and automation for equity desks
• Analyze system performance and trading results to find ways to improve our execution
• Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of quantitative trading strategies, technology, market structure, risk management and hedging
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Strong programming skills, ideally including developing real-time, event-driven applications (5+ years)
2) Java (3+ years of hands on coding/programming experience)
3) Angular (1+ year of hands on experience)
4) Familiarity with open-source big data tools such as Kafka (2+ years of experience)
5) Experience with data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance (2+ years of hands on experience)
6) Experience building web applications (2+ years of experience) preferred Angular web applications
7) Capital markets experience (1+ years of experience) and/or related education such as CFA/FRM (Financial Risk Manager) designation
8) Understanding of trading flow research, analysis and impact cost models
• Experience and/or relevant course load in AI, specifically machine learning
• Familiarity with portfolio optimization and/or risk modeling tools such as Axioma or Barra
• Exposure to asset classes in Capital Markets
• Experience with Python, C++, kdb+
• Knowledge or exposure with Spark, Neo4j, Docker and R
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”